Sunday, July 27, 2008

blessed be

Reasons I am grateful:
-I managed to avoid the dreaded manflu for most of the time my family was terribly afflicted, and having now contracted it I seem to have a much lighter case than them (funny about that!) really do miss my sense of smell and taste though...
-I have the most amazing friends. I realised it yesterday when most of our friends hiked around an hours drive to our house my my princess's birthday party. Then I was a terrible hostess, we ran out of sausages and had no tissues. I was pretty rude to most I suspect, feeling like crap and all. Yet they all took it, and claimed to have had a good time! Thanks to you all :)
-We ran out of toilet paper after everyone left!
-My Mum has been wonderful lately. Has been known for not being overly reliable in her day but has been really making life easier over the last few months and has just totally rearranged her working life so that I could...
-RING AND CANCEL DAYCARE!!! It was such a weight off my shoulders. I felt sick leaving my big boy crying, but worst of all, 9 month old babies just don't belong in daycare :( It broke my heart to leave him there, he would have no idea where I had gone and when I'd come back. No one there he even knew :( But hopefully never again, god love Mum!
-speaking of mother's can't go without praising my MIL who has been here for about a month. In that time I seriously haven't washed a DISH! She is awesome, I am very lucky!
-I am really enjoying the NICU course! I knew I would, but so glad it's working out ok :)
I think that's all, but pretty impressed with my list given I can barely breathe, can't smell, taste or hear very well atm.

ohh funny story I have to add..
We had chicken curry Friday night, you know the Thai green ones in the jar. Anyway...I made it up, couldn't smell it at all so just guessed everything. Serve it up and start feeding the little guy. He screws up his face so I blow on it, too hot obviously. I'm wolfing into mine as I feed him, everyone else arriving at the table at the time. MIL has a few mouthfuls and says 'um..this is a bit too hot!' She couldn't even eat it!! My poor baby!! The kids start crying needing water for their burning 'wips'. Poor things, so snadwiches all round except for me and Mark who ate the lot without tasting a single thing, lol! Atti did eat a fair bit, he likes Chilli. But apparently more than his poor belly could handle, his nappy couldn't hold the result the next morning. Thanksfully while I was in the shower. Oh should add that to my grateful list :P

Oh edited to add another to my list:
-Mark put on a homebrew ginger beer for me, will be all go in a few weeks, yay!

1 comment:

Richard said...

Aaaww, poor Atti hehe. I'm sitting here giggling but feeling so sorry for his poor nappy the next morning. Good on him for giving it such a decent go though - I'm impressed!!

Hope you're feeling better real soon! *hugs*