Monday, January 31, 2011

Chuck out Tuesday

Yes it's Monday. I could lie and say I'm early but I'm super late. I did in fact DO the throwing out on Tuesday however.
So...something that has been building up a long time...the sock basket. Talking to others it seems everyone has some sort of odd sock pile. For me it started as a shopping bag and it's grown through several moves to the point where I had a washing basket FULL of odd socks. Some of which hadn't seen their best friend for 5 years or more! I emptied the entire basket onto the lounge room floor and employed the talents of my two biggest to find the pairs.

Their attention spans helped with probably half of them and then my three year old whirlwind joined in throwing the socks all over the house. My resolve faltered, I was getting bored with it myself. So. I gathered all the left over odd ones. I threw them all out! (Well there were a few that were recent and I don't think had even been worn, I saved about 6 say). It was strangely liberating, I found the matching sock for one of my wool playgroup socks a couple of days later and threw it out without hesitation. I have vowed NEVER to let them get to that stage again and will be having a monthly sort and chuck session!

I got started on this Tuesday's chuck out already and I have a few things to pass on to a preggo mama tomorrow. I'm really enjoying a weekly throw out :D

No comments: